Monday, February 16, 2015

Snow Day

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was great. On Monday we emailed, and went to Benton for groceries and to browse Walmart. On Tuesday we walked to and worked in Benton. The walk was so boring so it was a good thing I am a master at whisking myself away in my own mind, because of school. So it is a nice time to daydream of my mansions above, ha-ha. The walk is a good hour and a half.

On Wednesday we had district meeting, and met the two new elders in our district. For lunch we went to Taco Bell, instead of Cook Out, because Cook Out was packed. After district meeting a member dropped us off in Draffenville, he has a Toyota Camry that is black, nice, and all ricered up. In Draffenville we had a good, productive today gaining two new investigators.

On Thursday we worked a street near our house and we knocked into a guy who was very interested to learn more about the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. On Friday we went with our district leader to Calvert City in order to complete a baptismal interview. We had to set up this baptism in like three short days and it was crazy. We met the D.L. in Hardin, then took him and his companion the rest of the way to Grand Rivers which meant a a lot of miles on our car, but it was worth it. Elder Nimmer went with the D.L. and I went with Elder Rasmussen, We tracted Grand Rivers and had a lesson with a less active member of the Church.

On Saturday we went to a Catholic mass where there was so much singing and standing up and down. We worked Calvert City and met with this online investigator to whom we were referred. She looks like she has potential to truly investigate the truth of the Gospel. On Sunday we had the baptism, it was great. We setup four devices so sisters that taught this investigator could participate. I helped with the actual baptizing, it was a little weird, but the new member's dad baptized her but I was in the font as well to support and help her back up out of the water. After church, we went to a Baptist church where they were all very welcoming. I think I might convert, ha.  They talked about being saved and asked me if I was saved.

Right now it is snowing like crazy and we were going to have p-day on Tuesday because of President's day, but the mission switched it back.  W weren't going to get out anyway.

27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen. Enos 1:27

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/enos/1?lang=eng

Love,

Elder Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment