Monday, January 5, 2015

A New Year - Benton/Calvert City, Kentucky

Dear Friends and Family,

This past week I was responsible for the work in the Calvert City area. My new companion is Elder Nimmer (Elder Ammon Nimmer's sister plays for BYU Soccer). The work has been more difficult for me because I am the one they look to for all the answers, but I survived my first week.

On New Year's Day, I set up the projector and audio equipment for our movie session, which for some reason gave me a huge stress release. It was a great stress reliever because I was able to do something that I am really good at. At a member's home, they just installed a WiFi point and a Roku.  I helped them set it all up because they had no clue what they were doing. I finished their WiFi access and administration, updated the devices, and set up an account for them on the Roku. They were pleased with my service. I placed the Mormon channel on their Roku and showed them some awesome videos before we left.

The area branch is trying to help me transition from following Elder Ashton around to being the missionary they go to. I think I am doing a good job, I have to speak a lot in Branch Council meeting. I am glad I have this opportunity to grow with my speaking skills. Now I just need to work on writing better emails.

Love you all, and here is a good scripture to read.

Galatians 5:22-26

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering,gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Love,
Elder Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment