Monday, March 30, 2015

Companions Tres

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was rough because I was sick with a cold. I am still feeling a littlee sick, but it is not as bad. On Monday we had dinner in Grand Rivers. We roasted marshmallows and had hamburgers. One of the kids rubbed his face on my white sleeve which left a huge mustard stain on it. His mom was not to happy with him, but I said it was fine, so she stopped getting on him about it. I did get most of the stain out later. Another member came by and brought me four caffeine free coke bottles and some cereal. I am spoiled here in Calvert.

On Tuesday we went to Nashville with the same older couple that takes us every transfer. This transfer meeting was extra long with four musical numbers, probably because like twenty sisters went home. The mission had to close a lot of areas because around 40 sister missionaries are going home between this and the next transfer. On the way back we stopped at Golden Corral, of course. Things are looking greener all around.

We had to get another bed for the third elder (Elder Hunsaker), for a joke we got a cot and put it between my queen bed and Elder Nimmer's full bed. It was pitiful looking. The member who owns the house did get a bed for him. Just a twin but it is nice.  I still have my queen bed but I now have to share my bathroom. (we are sobbing for you Elder)

On Wednesday we had district meeting with our new District, the Paris District, and the district leader works in Paris, TN. We worked Calvert City after and had some good lessons. We then had an early dinner in Grand Rivers with some members which is a nice resort-like place and supposedly the water is 80 degrees in the summer. I really want to try that water out someday after the mission. We had a member take us to Smithland and try some referrals, with no luck. We did have a good lesson with a part member family and then the night was up, there is not enough time.
On Thursday, I was feeling the sickest, we went to Symsonia and then on to Reidland. In Symsonia we had a lesson with a crazy cat lady, who always says, "Next!" I laugh inside every time. We tracted before dinner and I was drunk on my sickness, could barely think. The last house we knock a rude baptist mom comes out and goes on and on about the bible. I probably was standing there with a sad, sick face, that wasn't to fun. The night got better though because we had dinner at basically grandma and grandpa's house. The old couple remind me so much of them. I feel so much at home there. We then had a great lesson with a part member family, it really was great and about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Elder Ashton's kids - mortensen, daines, and blazzard
On Friday we stayed in, enough was enough, even Elder Nimmer was sick, we didn't want to kill everyone. That night we did go out with a member though, got our phone, it got left at the part member family's house. We then had two lessons with less actives, and guess what... they both came to church on Sunday.
On Saturday we worked Benton. Benton is getting ready for Tater Day on April 6. Tater Day is basically a redneck get together. Everything is going to be fried and have rebel flags. It is going to be amazing. Good thing I fit in.

On Sunday we had church and we had a lot of less-actives show up. We worked Calvert City and of course a person tried to bible bash with us. I was like not today not again about your misconceptions of faith and works. Then a member came and picked us up for dinner. I think they live in Sharpe. We had lasagna and orange juice. We then watched the new Easter video after I took a little bit to put it on the big screen. The grandpa was amazed that I would put so much effort for just a 2-3 min. video. It was funny. Today the sun is shining and it is a perfect 72 degrees outside it feels wonderful. We did stay in Briensburg today because we have no miles.

Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day. Alma 37:37

Love, Elder Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment