Monday, April 6, 2015

Special Transfer - Cumberland, East Nashville, Tennessee

Dear Friends and Family,

I have been emergency transferred to Cumberland, or East Nashville. I am right in the middle of it all. It is the hood. I was transferred down last night, right after General Conference.
So the week was crazy. On Tuesday we had zone meeting and Elder Nimmer did a Burrito Challenge which was three big burritos in 30 minutes.  If you did it you get them for free. He did it (Bravo Elder Nimmer). Elder Hunsaker is from Idaho and has been out for 15 months. On Wednesday we worked Benton and that is when I got the call. On Thursday we had district meeting because zone meeting was on Tuesday.  My MTC companion, Elder Danielson, is now in Murray. It was fun to talk with him.


On Friday we worked Calvert City, but not really there was a tornado watch and we had to stay in a member's house for around two hours. We had dinner at a member's house that evening and they made me a cake for my birthday. I said a lot of goodbyes this week and it was sad.

East Nashville is cool, right by downtown and the skyscrapers, and lots of African Americans which is different from rural Kentucky.

I loved conference, it brought me peace. My favorite talk was by Elder Clayton, he talked about the little girl who was in the plane crash in Kentucky. That was my favorite because that happened 10 miles away from where I live, so I already heard the story. I hope everything is going well.

Conference Thought:
Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and
Just serve and look at the whole picture or plan.

Love you all and please pray for me,

Elder Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment