Monday, April 13, 2015

In the City - Nashville, Tennessee

Dear Friends and Family,

What a week in a new area with so many different things and changes. On Tuesday we took the car in for an oil change and to get the tires rotated. While the car was getting worked on we walked across the street and met with Austin a famous barber. He has cut NFL players hair and some famous country singers hair. He cut my hair for free. I was shocked when he was done because he cut my hair very short while the top is a little longer, I held back my horror and put on a smile for this famous barber. Good thing interviews are this Friday, man oh man.

On Wednesday we had district meeting, we took the bus. The first bus was the Central to downtown Nashville and then we transferred to the Nolensville Pike bus. It was a long bus ride but very cool. Downtown Nashville is awesome.

We meet with a lot of less-actives. One wanted his name off the records, stating that the Book of Mormon was all about Joseph Smith, oh boy, it was so silly. I read him a scripture but he just asked us to leave.

I am reminded of The Help (movie) all the time. The people are so funny, cool, and even say things like, "that boy is a terror, he is!" which is an example of a grandma talking about her great grandson who is two years old. She said it just perfect.

One night we had to drop off a Book of Mormon to this lady in an apartment complex. We walk up to the door and knock but receive no answers or signs of anyone being home. We leave the Book of Mormon at the door. The whole time other residents, who were hanging out, were giving us looks and asking us to pray for there friends. I all but ran back to the car for safety, I am the worst person ever but I couldn't help it.

Later that night went to this rich Italian guy's house. He has nice classic cars, very cool. We helped plant some flowers with his assistant. He is a singer and songwriter. They made us burgers and fries. The Cumberland meetinghouse is nice, and the members are friendly. The building is in phase two like in Calvert but a bit newer. Dark woods and blue walls. Thanks for everything, love y'all.

2 Nephi 7:7 For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded. Therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

Love, Elder Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment