Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Life of a Missionary

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was fun and very full. On Tuesday, we served at the Bishop's Storehouse. We tried contacting a lot of people in that area after serving in the storehouse. A member took us out after that and we met with a less-active member who was very funny. On Wednesday, we had district meeting, the first of this transfer, and learned about zone conference this coming week. The mission is getting black boxes put into the vehicles. This coming zone conference is going to be our Christmas zone conference so there will be gift exchanges and tie exchanges. Should be be fun.

We ate dinner with members that evening and had two great lessons. I got sick that night and didn't really sleep. When I did sleep I was snoring loud and my companion was not too happy. The next day I pushed through and we met a new member in the ward and worked on getting here a ride for church. She actually moved from the Cumberland Branch, which I served in for 4 weeks. That evening, we cleaned a recent converts house and there were a lot of bugs. We had a good lesson the next day talking about the blessings of keeping the commandments and about moving forward in faith. It went well.

Saturday, we stayed super busy working with a neighbor and having a member take us to a lesson which went very well and she loves the gospel. Then we ran to the church to fill the font for a baptism and helped set up for the Handel's Messiah concert that they were having at our church that night. We had dinner with the Spanish elders. Then a member went out with us and we tried some people, went to the first part of the concert, and then met with two new investigators and had short lessons with them.

Sunday, church was good and right after Church we went with a member out into the country to have dinner. He had made chicken parmesan. We ran to the church and watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. I had a tough time that evening and did not feel well with a bad headache. It was a good week full of fun.

Here is my scripture:  Matthew 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Love Y'all,

Elder Blazzard



No comments:

Post a Comment