Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Week

Thanksgiving week was good. On Monday we went down to Opry Mills and I ran I to some members from the Calvert City and the Cumberland branches which was a nice surprise. On Tuesday, we had a meeting at the Sunset Ward building which is in Brentwood, an hour drive through downtown Nashville. It was a good mission meeting and they brought in Costco pizza for lunch. On Wednesday, we had district meeting and went to a Chinese Buffet for lunch. Elder Maxwell, my companion, lost his debit card, but after much prayer we found it at a gas station. The lady counter attendant was holding it for us. On Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, we had a missionary turkey bowl. It was all fun and a game until a couple elders got into it and we had to stop. Good morning overall and I got my McDonald's breakfast. We had thanksgiving with a great family. They had all my favorites including green bean casserole and mashed potatoes. After dinner we street contacted around the mall. We tried to head people off going into the mall but that was not very successful as shoppers were on a mission.

On Friday,  we weekly planned and tracted and on Saturday we tracted and tracted and it rained all day, but it was good because meet some really nice people. We went to Taco Bell for dinner with the Spanish Elders and Elder Maxwell left his iPad there and he didn't realize it until we got back to our apartment.  We ran back and, thank goodness, the iPad was still there.  They had it sitting up by the registers. Sunday we had an investigator come to church and she even payed tithing. Today we are going to give her a priesthood blessing. She called and asked for one last night.

Happy Holidays!

Alma 5:48 I say unto you, that I know of myself that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name.

Love,

Elder Blazzard



No comments:

Post a Comment