Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Working the Field

Dear Family and Friends,

This was a good week. On Monday we had a dinner at a member's house and then we went to Hendersonville to drop off a bible referral. We dropped of the Bible and a Book of Mormon and taught him a little bit, so that was good. Then we had a lesson with a less-active. That night we walked home. On Tuesday, Elder Maxwell was sick, however we were able to go tracting and get work done around the apartment. On Wednesday, we had district meeting where training was given on faith and hope.  I gave a training on how to use the area book application on the iPad.  That was fun and I got into it. We had taco bell for lunch and we then went to this bible referral and waited and waited for this member to meet us there because we set up a lesson with this investigator.  The member was late and I had to go to the bathroom so we decided to knock on the door. No one answers and so we call the number and he says is not home and to come back the next day. The member finally comes and we try some other contacts with him.

That night we had meetings, so I went on splits with a member from the Hendersonville Ward and we tried some YSA less-actives and I had a lesson set up with a investigator, but that fell through. The member took me to Center Pointe BBQ ... it was really good.  The best part was I missed most of the meetings. On Thursday we went up to Hendersonville and tried to some people up there. We also tracted some. Later that day we had a lesson with this really less active lady, it went well but her father in law was there. He is a Baptist preacher. We come in and he says right away that they were not interested. I was like well we just want to share a scripture. I shared Alma 7:11-13, and he says I guess I agree with that much. We say a pray and leave. I think we impressed the less active member as she was just smiling.

It was Elder Maxwell's birthday on Thursday so we went to Chilis with the whole district minus the Zone Leaders. On Friday, we had weekly planning and we got to talk to a lot of less actives. We had dinner at Famous Dave's a member took us out for Elder Maxwell's Birthday. It was really good BBQ. I had the Texas Smoked Brisket. We had a lesson that night with a less active and her kids, her nine year old wants to get baptized. It was a little scary going to that house because they live in the projects.

On Saturday we did service at the bishops storehouse. I went on a day exchange with Elder Wright. It was fun we had to help the Spanish elders get ready for their baptism. We switched back that night. Sunday went well. We had lunch/dinner after church with the member that live across the street from the street. They had saltine crackers and a lot of butter on top for a appetizer. It was hard to get that down with all that butter. We had a member take us out, then we went tracting. A really mean lady answered one door, She made us leave the apartment complex. It was a good week though and I had fun servings others. Hope y'all have a good week.

2 Nephi 25:8 Wherefore, they are of worth unto the children of men, and he that supposeth that they are not, unto them will I speak particularly, and confine the words unto mine own people; for I know that they shall be of great worth unto them in the last days; for in that day shall they understand them; wherefore, for their good have I written them.

Love,
Elder Blazzard


No comments:

Post a Comment