Monday, October 6, 2014

MTC - Provo, Utah

Garrett completes his training stint in the Missionary Training Center (MTC) today as he flies out to Nashville, TN. Here are some short emails that he was able to send this past week.
... I am not in the world anymore. I learned and have grown so much. I can teach with the spirit helping me, which is a fantastic experience. My companion is Elder Danielson (Gooding, Idaho). I have two other roommates Elder Majzer (Richmond, Virginia) and Elder Nalder (South Jordan, Utah). They are great people and friends. I know now that the Tennessee Nashville will get iPads in 2015. In fact all of the USA and Canada will get them. My whole district is going to Nashville and we all have the same plane flight. The plane trip is on Monday Oct. 6 and at 9:25 am. Yes I will be able to call from the airport so be ready!  I can't wait to get to Tennessee.
P.S. I gave a blessing to one of the four sisters in our district because she asked me and I felt the spirit really going through me as I gave it. It was an experience that I am grateful for. Did you get my pictures or no. I will send some next time.
P.S. Went to the Temple today, it is beautiful inside. I am in 5M and my classroom is 18M-309. There is a private bathroom by the classrooms thank goodness. No high ups talked at the Devotionals. I was luck  to be going at this time because fast Sunday and general conference. The food is gross and bad for me. I drink diet coke sometimes to remind me of home. The phone call will be at the airport using a phone card thing, I think. I leave the MTC Monday morning at 4:35 am! and will be at the airport an hour latter the plane I think leaves at 9:25am. Salt Lake to Cincinnati then Nashville at around 4:35 Central Time. I saw Yui Mormi the LDS foreign exchange student who lived with the Perrins in Lewiston. She is going to the Philippines. She left yesterday.

For his trip to the MTC he flew out of Lewiston to Seattle and then to Salt Lake City on September 24th. Brock and Derek picked him up from the airport and he was able to spend a little time with them before entering the MTC. Garrett forgot to pack some shoes for recreation. Brock sent his basketball shoes over via the MTC mail out of the BYU Wilk. We sent a package as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment