Monday, May 25, 2015

Teaching - Winchester, TN

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was good. On Tuesday we had dinner with a family with six children and the evening was a lot of fun.  We then had a lesson with a part member family where the mom is less active and the dad is a baptist, I think.  These folks are super nice. Wednesday we had district meeting in Kimball which is near the Alabama border. It was a great drive as we went over the mountains.  The Jasper Building (which is located in the sister town of Kimball) has a modified LDS phased building/meetinghouse.

We had a dinner at this Italian restaurant and the pasta was okay just not in the A category. The memorial wall for Vietnam is in Winchester right now. The event was on the national news and included a skydiver crashing into some power lines. He survived and actually did not have any major or minor injuries.

I think I'm becoming more southern in that I keep saying words all wrong and my sentences are not grammatically correct (hmm). I guess it's all fun though. One of our investigators is going to be starting the stop smoking workshop this week. It is going to be really tough for him and I hope it all goes well. The night after talking with him, we went to the funeral home for a big funeral service for a local star. We helped fold pamphlets. The owners are very nice to us.  The place smelt like cigarettes, but it smelt like victory, ha. I am doing great and I hope y'all are safe and doing good too, love y'all.

5 But now, when they saw they believed, and fear came upon them lest all the judgments which Nephi had spoken should come upon the people; therefore they did quake, and had fallen to the earth.

Love,

Elder Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment